Thursday, July 16, 2009

Kroger Trip: Very Cheap Boneless Chicken Breasts


As usual, I do most of my shopping at Publix, but swoop in from time to time at Kroger. They usually have better milk and meat prices, so it's worth an occasional trip, usually when I am on my way home from somewhere.

I had five coupons for $1 off any Tyson fresh chicken product. Kroger has Tyson chicken breasts on sale for $1.99/lb. Pick the smaller packages for maximum percentage savings.

I bought 9.13 lbs. of chicken
Coupons $5.00
Final price $13.86

Total cost of Kroger shopping trip: $36.74, including tax. I will total up my food expenditures for the week for the All*You Grocery Challenge.
Adjusted "price" of chicken is $1.52/lb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love visitors. Please leave me a comment! Let's keep it upbeat, as that is the intended tone of this blog. Blessings.