Monday, May 25, 2009

Menu Plan Monday : Happy Memorial Day

I hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day today.  As you enjoy time with family and friends, please take a moment to remember those who gave their lives for our country.  This year, Memorial Day is especially meaningful to us, as my first cousin, 1st Lt. Eric Emmert was killed in an ambush attack in Mosul, Iraq in February this year.  Our hearts are filled with sad gratitude toward the brave men and women who have sacrificed their lives to protect our Amerian liberty.  We also thank the Lord Jesus who gave us the greatest sacrifice of all for the greatest freedom of all.

*************************** 

Whew, after a whirl-wind week of last-week-of-school activities, making mercy meals for others, and having out-of-town guests, I'm getting my head back into the game of meal planning for our family.  I'm so happy that summer is here!!  Here's what we are planning this week.  I hope this will give you some ideas for your family.

Monday
Hamburgers
Baked Beans
Potato Chips
Cupcakes!

Tuesday
Popcorn Shrimp
Corn
Salad
Cinnamon Muffins

Wednesday
Meatloaf
Broccoli
Mashed Potatoes

Thursday
Omelets
Roasted Potatoes
Sausage
Fresh Fruit

Friday
Chicken Fingers
Rice
Steamed Broccoli and Carrots

Saturday
BBQ Pork
Homemade bread
Green Beans
Rice

Sunday
Spaghetti

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love visitors. Please leave me a comment! Let's keep it upbeat, as that is the intended tone of this blog. Blessings.