Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Frugal Cooking: Veggies on the Grill

Here's a great idea for cooking during the summer months. If you are planning to use your grill for your meat or mail entree, add your veggie side dish to the grill, too. It keeps the house so much cooler for the hot summer (especially here in Atlanta), and they taste fabulous. Our grilled zucchini tastes almost better than anything you can get in a restaurant!


Grilled Zucchini

Slice zucchini lengthwise into 3/4" planks. I just make three planks out of a medium-size zucchini. (One zucchini is about the right serving size per person.)

Drizzle lightly with canola oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. You could add a little garlic powder if you are a garlic fan. Toss to coat.

Grill 2 - 3 minutes on each side. Don't let it overcook!



Enjoy your healthy grilled veggies with your summertime feast!

3 comments:

  1. Yum!! I love zucchini and I love grilled veggies. Now, if only I had a husband who enjoyed grilling... We just got rid of our charcoal grill that had sat unused for over a year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At our house, another plus for using the grill is that Hubby does the cooking!! ;D)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am salivating Margery. Hubby loves to grill at my house too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love visitors. Please leave me a comment! Let's keep it upbeat, as that is the intended tone of this blog. Blessings.