Monday, June 8, 2009

Monday Menu Plan

We had a nice family camping trip this past weekend.  I'm trying to catch up and get back into the groove!

Here is our menu plan for the week.  Just a side note:  I do not always follow my menu plan strictly.  I frequently substitute a side item if something else seems more appealing when cooking time comes around, or we might change things completely.  I must say that since I started making menu plans about two years ago, that I never have that panicky feeling when it's 4:00 or 5:00, and I'm not sure what we are going to eat for dinner.  I also am able to make better use of store sales, and less food goes to waste.  If you are not making weekly dinner menus before you do your weekly  shopping, it is the fastest and easiest way to save on your grocery budget, no coupon required!

Monday
Chicken picata, corn, salad, pineapple

Tuesday
Omelets, homemade bread, sausage, fruit

Wednesday
Taco Salads, Fruit

Thursday
Pork Chops, broccoli, rice

Friday
Homemade Pizza

Saturday
Grilled Chicken, Rice, Broccoli

Sunday
Grilled Steaks, Potatoes,
 (& some kind of vegetable)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love visitors. Please leave me a comment! Let's keep it upbeat, as that is the intended tone of this blog. Blessings.