Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Kroger Trip: Saved 61% on Chicken, Cheese, Sunscreen & Purex


I made a little Kroger trip today.

I wanted to buy some Tyson $1.99/lb boneless, skinless chicken and use a $1/1 fresh Tyson printable (no longer available - sorry.) It made the chicken work out to $1.28/lb after coupons. Hint: If you have a $ off for any size package, buy the smaller packages to maximize your savings!

Also bought 3 Hawaiian Tropic sunscreen on sale for half price, all of which had $1 off peelies on them! It made the 50 SPF lotion $3.50 each, and the 15 SPF lotion only $3.15!

Part of the current Kroger sale is a special where, if you buy 10 participating items, you get $3 off you order (30c each per item.) I bought 7 packs of Kroger cheese (8 oz.) and 3 bottles of Purex. These are the price after the 30c discount:

Purex Laundry Detergent $2.49 - 35c Q, doubled = $1.79 each
These bottles plus my stockpile will give me enough detergent to last at least 6 months.

Kroger 8 oz. cheese, $1.03 (A great price for cheese, and I find the quality to be equal to that of Kraft. Additionally, Kraft has reduced their package size to 7 oz., from 8 oz., so you are getting 12.5% less!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love visitors. Please leave me a comment! Let's keep it upbeat, as that is the intended tone of this blog. Blessings.