Saturday, June 27, 2009

What do you do with FREE Chocolate?

I hope you've been getting your free chocolate from M&M Mars on Fridays after 9 am. Each household is eligible to receive up to four coupons for a free chocolate item. We've received and redeemed all our coupons.

When I received these coupons, of course I was excited to get free chocolate. Then I thought, "Well, we could just eat it, or we could turn it into something bigger." This is what we made.


Flax Oatmeal Cookies with M&Ms
(makes about 5 dozen)

1 c. butter
2 c. Honey Crystals, Sucanat, or sugar
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
3 1/2 c. whole wheat pastry flour (I used freshly milled.)
1 c. oats
1/2 c. ground flax seed (Grind 1/3 c. whole seed in a coffee mill.)
1 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt, optional
1 1/2 - 2 c. chocolate chips or M&Ms.

(I used some chopped up leftover Easter candy to make up a little of the needed chocolate.)

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well. Mix dry ingredients and stir into creamed mixture. Add chocolate pieces. Scoop into 1" balls and place on cookie sheet 2" apart. Bake 350 degrees for 10 - 12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love visitors. Please leave me a comment! Let's keep it upbeat, as that is the intended tone of this blog. Blessings.