Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Healthy Eating: Delicious Homemade Salsa

With summer produce coming in, I thought I would share my family's favorite homemade salsa recipe. This recipe is modified from one given to me by my dear health-nut friend Sarah F., who lives in Florida now. (We miss you.)


Delicious Homemade Salsa

1 can whole kernel corn, drained
4 - 6 green onions, chopped
1/2 bunch cilantro
5-6 small tomatoes
2 cans chopped green chilies (use fresh chilies or jalapenos if you have them!)

Blend all together. Add a little salt or lime juice if you like. This recipe is easily adjusted to suit your family's preferences. Like it hotter? Add more peppers. Like it zingier? Add more onion.

Sorry I don't have an "after" photo. It quickly was devoured!

1 comment:

  1. I love making homemade salsa. I make a different recipe using canned crushed tomatoes. I will have to try this recipe since I have lots of tomatoes coming in from the garden!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love visitors. Please leave me a comment! Let's keep it upbeat, as that is the intended tone of this blog. Blessings.